The regulator that beats every record, now even lighter
• Record-setting performance
• Lighter new version of the most famous Mares first stage
• Softer and lighter new hose
Abyss gained its reputation for reliability by setting many diving records, such as the deepsolo-dive to -313m and 101 divers breathing simultaneously for 40min from a single MR22 first stage. Our tradition for excellence keeps on evolving due to our new engineering and design.
Product DetailsCode: 416134
First stage: Balanced diaphragm design
Lightweight yoke: No
First stage weight (g) INT: 803
First stage weight (g) DIN300: 616
First stage weight (g) NX: 656
Second stage weight (g): 269
Total weight (g) INT: 1230
Total weight (g) DIN300: 1040
Total weight (g) NX: 1083
Second stage dimension: Compact
Oil/Dry cold water kit: Oil
HP Ports: 2 HP 7/16" UNF ports
LP Ports: 1 LP ½" UNF ports (primary), 3 LP 3/8" UNF ports
Inhale pressure: 9.85
Inhale pos pressure: 3.45
Exhale pressure: 9.06
Ext work breathing: 0.92
Inhale work: 0.27
Pos inhale work: 0.02
Exhale work: 0.65
Pressure depth: diagram at 50m (165ft)
Pressure diagram: 216
- All Metal Technology
Outstanding mechanical resistance and high thermal conductivity make our metal 2nd stages extremely long
lasting and ideal for cold water dives. The high thermal conductivity of metal reduces the dry mouth feeling during the dive.
- DFC - Dynamic Flow Control
- Minimizes intermediate pressure drop during inhalation thus maximizing gas delivery, especially under extreme conditions.
- Mesh Grid
- Patented design which reduces the impact of water flow onto the second stage diaphragm, thus eliminating free flows even in strong currents.
- Superflex Hose
- Extreme light weight and exceptional softness guarantee the maximum freedom of movement.
- Tri-Material Valve
Patented technology combines two grades of polyurethane on a brass core. Maximizes performance, safety and reliability.
- VAD - Vortex Assisted Design
- The air bypass tube conveys air to the mouthpiece creating a swirling vortex with a low pressure area in the center that keeps the diaphragm down during inhalation, for very sensitive and easy breathing at all depths.